Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, March 20, 2006

New Pieces of Heaven


My beautiful lily from Luke;
Staying up until 2 A.M. to finish a painting for someone I care about;
Dancing (yes, I LOVE IT!);
Writing something that is cherished;
Getting so tired that I can't stop giggling (a little embarrassing-but fun);
A million songs that are all "our songs" (mine and Luke's);
Knowing that Luke will read this!
Getting told that I'm beautiful;
Being part of a family at church;
Gracie saying my name;
Being encouraged to "speak life" by Valarie
Laughing at Ashley's funny ways : )
The bashful, excited feelings I get every time I see Luke (You'd think I was 13);
My phone ringing ALL THE TIME;
My space heater (I'm cold right now);
The satisfaction of having a clean apartment;
Valarie's "Sir Nate" stories;
Listening to Luke play the guitar;
Making real tea in my new tea pot;
Every time someone opens up to me about their life;
Seeing how much God loves me;
"Playing house" at my apartment;
Talking to God in my car;
When I can sing a song with my eyes closed;
Stopping outside and just soaking in nature;
Every time I pay a bill (just the fact that I can!);
Oh, there's tons more I could say...

3 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

What a beautiful Lily and great post. I miss you so much!!! Did you get my message? I have so much to tell. I love you chica. Call me sometime :-).

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has really been amazing to see God take you through a dark valley and finally has brought you to a field full of beautiful Lily's.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just made my day a little better! I'm so humbled to know that I can used to bring joy into someone's life. Thank's for the encouragement!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home