Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled...

I was so encouraged by the sermon in church yesterday. I was reminded that everything around me may be troubling, but I am not to let trouble into my heart. I just had never heard it put like that before…and it’s so challenging! In fact, I had a chance to practice it yesterday when I received a disturbing phone call. Instead of fretting because of it, I just chose to press on in peace. I cannot begin to express the thrill at how God is teaching me to live with hope and joy, and to refuse the distractions that can disturb the calm in my heart, mind, and soul. I loved the pastor’s description of my heart as a fortress. It should be the last defense…impenetrable by Satan and his people. There has been plenty of trouble in my past, and I’m sure there will continue to be trouble…but I believe God is going to give me strength to look through and beyond the trouble, and to see God always!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home