Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'll Probably Feel Guilty and Delete This Later!

I’m stretched too thin right now. Who wants to trade jobs with me before I turn into a zombie? I know I need to be thankful for work. I know God placed me here and that I really should accept that to survive in this century I have to be an efficient, uncreative, stress-loaded business woman…but…it’s not working very well. Sometimes I can’t help asking God, “since You obviously expect me to work—why didn’t You make me a little more attune to the career focused, business mania, chaotic, workaholic life?” Instead of stepping up to the plate and becoming Wonder Woman, I just want to cry. Good grief! And to think…it won’t slow down until November. I’d rather draw pictures (confession: I think I forgot to grow up). I need a big hug, a good joke, and a window in my office!

3 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

I LOVE YOU!!!! KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

You can do this, Beth. And it's great practice for when you have three munchkins all hollering for love, attention, milk, a kiss, a diaper change, while the phone is ringing, supper is burning, you haven't gotten your shower in yet and hubby is on his way home from a bad day. You juggle. It's never done, but you do it anyway. You can do it. Jump in with two feet and fight the insanity. But feel free to complain a bit first : ) God remembers that you are dust.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Shrig said...

Mr. Rogers once said, "We all have different gifts, so we all have different ways of telling the world who we are."
:)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home