Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

To Lilies of the Valley

This hand is bitterness
We want to taste it and
Let the hatred numb our sorrows
The wise hand opens slowly
To lilies of the valley and tomorrow

All it takes is a little word, a facial expression, an emotion...and it can lead one down a road that is like a spider web: connecting to all one's past. It is so easy to burn with an anger or hurt or fear that is no longer viable...and yet some little incident brings it back to life. It's easy to forget that those things are done--are no longer worth the emotions they stir up. I love this chorus to a song by Natalie Grant. Opening one's hand to Lilies of the Valley and tomorrow sounds so simple, yet it is so difficult. One has to turn her back on the past. And those who love her must also turn their back to her past.

And Lily of the Valley is my favorite flower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home