Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Ok, Josh...Where's the Treasure?


Josh wanted to see my apartment....I was surprised how hard it was for me to draw it. The proportions here are definitely not completely accurate. I also, of course, simplified it a bit.

I've been really thinking about my place a lot lately. Now that spring is here, I keep having this longing to step out onto my balcony (the one that was off my bedroom in my apartment in Grand Rapids) and see the trees and flowers and hear all the birds. No balcony here, not even a porch. But I've been really challenged (by myself) to see all the wonderful blessings of my apartment. For example: every morning I lie in bed in a dreamy state and see the sunrise through my eastern window-it never fails to bring a smile to my face (I never get up grumpy)! I don't have a gas bill. My fridge doesn't make too many funny noises. I rarely smell the neigbors' cigarette smoke. I'm only five minutes away from the man of my dreams (!!!). It only takes an hour to clean the entire apartment because of its size. I can play music from my little cd player and hear it in every room. I don't have to walk outside to get the mail. I always know when the neighbors are home (okay...so maybe that's not a good thing...but it makes me laugh). I'm only five minutes from work. I can take the trash out whenever I want to. I have a huge closet!

Josh...I was thinking about you "stealing my treasure" from my apartment! It made me laugh, but it also made me think...what is my treasure? This was the thing that popped into my head: the sunrise. Yup. Good luck stealing that from me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrim said...

Wow, great shematic!

The sunrise, eh?....

I'm going to spray-paint your bedroom windows!!! BWAHAHA

3:18 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

uhhh SCHEmatic

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home