Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

God's Promises

I saw a gorgeous rainbow last night. It's the first one I've seen in years. I couldn't help thinking about the meaning of it in the Bible and in my life. First I thought how it represents a promise from God to the world. But as I stood at my window and contemplated that, I also felt as though He was giving me a special reminder. Just as He made a rainbow to tell people that He would never put them through a world-wide flood again, He sent Luke to show me that He would never allow such darkness in my life again. It's not that I won't have many trials and many heartaches, but I won't have the ones that I had over the last few years....And what I do face, I have a warrior to face with me (and to fight against them for me). What great grace God has given me!

I apologize to all my readers for all my posts regarding Luke....but I trust you understand that I'm so completely and amazingly in love, I can't help it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Again..I am sooooooooo Happppppy For you! You totally deserve it...

6:46 PM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

I did get to see your parents from a distance but i didn't get to actually talk to them. I cheered for Josh though!!! I wish you could have been there though I totally understand why you could not!! I can't wait for you to get married. I have already requested that week before your wedding off. With my next paycheck I will buy my ticket!!! I AM PSYCHED OUT OF MY MIND FOR YOU!!!!!!!! God has truly blessed you and I continue to pray His blessings upon you and Luke!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Never apologize, my dear. You have lived through enough now to realize what a precious gift it is to love and be loved. Celebrate it! We are nothing but happy for you!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home