Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, May 01, 2006

A Sortof Vague Update

I feel like it has been a while since I actually updated all my faithful readers on my life. So I’ll try (I don’t think I’m much of a pro on updates).

First and foremost: I’m more in love every day. I didn’t know anyone could be this in love. It’s pretty amazing…actually made me cry last night. Luke, if you read this…I love you! (Now everyone knows).

At the job…well…I’m surviving. My goal is to get beyond surviving and to actually excel at it—but the fact that I’ve been at it for 8 months already makes me question that one. I’m beginning to understand that my boss will always think I can be more efficient. My two good friends at work have given their notice and will be gone after tomorrow. Linda and Valarie have been such a blessing to me in the office. But I’m choosing to be thankful that I still get to see them at church.

I’m blessed to be able to spend Saturdays with my grandma. On nice days I work on her gardens and on rainy days we drink tea and talk by the fire…the most satisfying day of my week! Saturday nights I am learning how to help Luke set up the sound system for church.

I’m officially helping in the youth group at Real Life Church. This is so exciting for me as I’ve already had feedback from the girls that they are excited to have me involved. I’m thrilled to be a part of their lives, and am overflowing with ideas to build relationships with them. Pray that their hearts would hunger and thirst for a deep and satisfying relationship with God—one that does not take the “middle ground”.

I’m reading some great stuff right now. Back to Jerusalem by Paul Hattaway has been an eye-opener! I definitely recommend this to anyone who is seriously considering any form of missions or church-planting—it has some wonderful theories.

My roommate will be moving out sometime this month, and I’ve decided not to try finding a replacement. Sure, this means a much tighter budget…but I think that I can do it. There is something to be said for a “home” that is full of the Holy Spirit….and that is sortof hard when unbelievers live there. I feel like I’m graduating myself to living alone! This will be the first time ever. Wow.

I’m stretching, growing, learning, failing sometimes, but oh so thankful! God has blessed me beyond what I imagined…and I have passionate godly people praying for me! I hope and pray that you are allowing Him to stretch you as well…sure, it hurts…but it is so worth it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Hey girl,

You are an amazing encouragement to me as i adventure to living life by myself...it is definately scary..but thanks for the encouragement..

I love ya

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home