Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Guilt: True or False

I've been stuck on a guilt trip. It's my beautiful house. My growing baby. My sweet husband. My easy life. Especially the house, though. It's so beautiful...so fun...so much nicer than anything I ever imagined having. And the truth is, I can't quite just thoroughly enjoy it as a blessing from God. I sometimes wonder if it will be more of a stumbling block than a blessing. Will I become too materialistic? Will it keep my family and friends at arm's length? I want so bad to be pure and to be un-infected by the world's standard of "the good life". Yet it just seems to fall in my lap, and what do I do with it? My whole life hasn't been this way. I certainly had my hard times....my broken cars and looming bills and difficult living situations and miserable jobs. But it's like that all got wiped away when I married Luke. Now, I am wondering how I can serve God effectively and love my family and friends so thoroughly that they do not feel the weight of my "things" and my "life". Oh, please pray for me that I won't drown in the stuff of the world. I don't want to be just a wife and a mommy. I don't want to be defined by a nice house and happy little family. I want to be a servant of God...something way bigger than comfortable Christianity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I guess you've already answered the biggest question

"Would you be willing to give it all up?"

i think you would...

Thanks for being real and a blessing

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home