Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Is it okay if I get addicted to coffee right now???

Yeah, I'm really tired...and really want coffee about three times a day (morning, afternoon, and evening). The wind got up to about 60 mph yesterday...and I was scared to death that our brand new trees might blow over. They didn't, although the maple leaves are all dead now (they were soooo pretty, and I didn't get a picture). Cedric has decided that if he's not sleeping, he's not happy. I'm not sure why...but when he wakes up he fusses a lot, maybe just because he wants to be held constantly. So I'm letting him sleep probably more than I should...but how else can I get anything done around the house? Luke and I had some bad news yesterday as well. So, overall, yesterday was a rough day. But the Lord is good, and I am constantly thinking about how much He loves me and Cedric. So I am choosing not to worry, but instead to just make it one day at a time with my eyes fixed on Jesus. Pray for us, nevertheless. It seems that we are under either a spiritual attack, or perhaps just experiencing "refining fire". I don't want to be discouraged...and hormones are against me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey have you thought about taking Cedric to the chiropractor to get adjusted? Baby's necks and backs can be really off from birth and cause them to be uncomfortable and cry alot. Adjustments have always helped my boys alot. We have a really good chiropractor in Desmoines that is really good with babies. I think Luke has been to him before. Hope you have a good day. Love Melissa

12:05 PM  
Blogger Everyday Thoughts said...

Another suggestion for you from another mother who had a very VERY fussy baby (cholic can be so hard)....do you have a Baby Bjorn carrier (a front pack)? I would put Caleb in that and just have him next to my body for most of the day. I could get things done because it is hands free and still have him be somewhat quiet for a while. Just a suggestion.
The infant stage can be hard when they are so fussy but I will be praying for you. Enjoy this stage though because they grow so fast!
-Amy

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home