Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A New, VERY Real Perspective

Romans 8:18-25 (New American Standard Bible)
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it."

The intensity of my labor has made this passage exciting for me! Now I understand the groanings of childbirth and the hope and perseverance for something that can't be seen. I'll admit, when I was delivering Cedric, all I could think about was how horrible the pain was...and I really didn't think I would ever be able to appreciate the "fruits of my labor". But I am finding more and more thrilling evidence of why God allowed women to experience such suffering...and I really think the Holy Spirit is teaching me a lot about my attitude and about distractions (distractions during childbirth are very taboo-so they should be in life).

I find it so fascinationg and overwhelming that in this passage, Paul says creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. That's us! I can't believe God would make us that special. I love His creation so much, and to think that the suffering of it will be alleviated in connection with the final glorification of mankind. My soul should long for this freedom with the same intensity as I longed to get my baby "out" 6 weeks ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I'm glad that He is allowing you to experience that "Fruit" but i don't blame you. You had an extremely difficult labor...and I think about it and realize that if it was 20 or 40 years ago before they had Great surgeons who stiched well, and safe blood transfusions you really could have died.

But i'm so glad that the Lord gave you so much strength and endurance through it all.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home