Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Surprised by Joy

C. S. Lewis once wrote about being Surprised by Joy. That is how I'm experiencing life at the moment. There are lots of grueling ordeals (like washing out soiled diapers in the toilet), and sad moments, and even just times of boredom. But what keeps catching me are these little times of joy. It is a joy that I believe God gives to those who experience a more real sort of living...a living that is full of hope and faith. It means I know that God is watching over me-that He is watching over my tiny, beautiful baby who can't yet understand His love. It means I can catch my breath when I think about the seasons and when I think of Jesus understanding the throb in my heart for loved ones. It's the freedom to enjoy the coming holidays...because good things come from God...not the other way around!

But the challenge....for joy to not be surprising! I know God offers a joy that surpasses surprise. It wipes away the toil and sorrow and blahness of life, and it doesn't come and go. So as much as I enjoy surprises...I'd like to embrace Christ Himself to the extent that joy is expected.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I'm so glad that God is giving you so much peace and joy.

I was also wondering how your physical healing process was coming along?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Is that finger pic for me:) ?

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home