Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sink my teeth into...

...this big slice of colby cheese I just cut for myself. I like the texture of cheese. And I really just needed to sink my teeth into something.

This morning I met with some women for prayer. I'll be honest: I really didn't want to go this time. I love those women...I just didn't have any words to pray. That sounds horrible, I know, but perhaps I'm weary. Nothing is coming out of my head or heart right now.

The wonderful thing is that for times like these, when I feel speechless, God still isn't. He reminds me of strength to run and not grow weary; of a Holy Spirit who tells Him of my inner turmoil; of the many, many ways He has and will deliver me. What a dear God and what a wonderful Savior. I've been reminded of His desire to be my "Daddy" and of His mercy when I mess up.

I read a book this week and I think I wish I hadn't. It was a sweet book (a true story) of a woman who God gave a dream to become a writer-to write beautiful things that would make people smile. She grew up and got married and had children and gave up the dream...or forgot it? Anyway, a part of her died inside and it took years before she finally realized that she had ignored something important God had given her. And as God gave back her dream...she discovered a joy and fulfillment beyond anything she'd known in years.

I'm not sure if it's the dream part or the writing part that bothered me. Well, either way, I need to buck up and clean my house and eat some more food and find an excuse to drive somewhere (I've been in the house too much this week and definitely have spring fever).

2 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Thoughts said...

Liz- Thank you for sharing your words on prayer....I needed to hear them today! It is comforting to know that when we "are speachless, God still isn't!!!"
Thanks and God bless.
-Amy Starnes

12:17 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I think that God is reminding you not to give up your own dream of writing.

Children are a wonderful blessing but I think sometimes as Christian women we feel that if we aren't perfectly fulfilled by them then we aren't going to be good moms...at least that's how i feel and I'm almost a mom.

So i think God may be reminding you that he created something uniquly beautiful when he gave you all of your wonderful skills and try not to forget about them. Because he gave them to you for HIS own glory and honor.

From what i have heard from other moms who too were once new like us (or i'm at least about to be new) there will come a time when that little one won't be quite as dependent on you and you'll find that you have more time than you think you would to invest your God given talents.

Hang in there...will be praying for you :) Thank you for sharing and being so honest.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home