Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, April 20, 2009

God Still Answers Prayer

"One of the excuses we offr for our lack of faith is the old cliche, 'God helps those who help themselves.'
Rather, God helps those who trust Him to solve their problems.
My own experience substantiates the evidence of Scripture that our actions in any given situation are more important to God than our thoughts or intellectual belief.
Jesus was not being facetious when He said that even faith of the mustard-seed variety can win great things from God.
The greatest answers to prayer in our family have come at times when our faith was so small as almost to expect the worst.
Until we took hands off and really turned the problem over to God, He could not help us.

Do we trust God enough to put the ultimates of life-the things affecting health, life, and death, basic economic needs-into his hands?
If we do, that-in God's eyes-is faith, and He will always honor it."

From an article in Presbyterian Life, by Peter Marshal

A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home