Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving

I had a nice weekend. Although I had hoped to go home to Michigan, things worked out well. I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. It was just the three of us on Thursday, which I really enjoyed. She cooked the meal (of course, it was wonderful) and I decorated her house for Christmas.

Friday we all hung out at my uncle’s house and played games.

On Saturday, I spent some time with my cousin, Matthew (the one who shot his foot). We watched dumb movies and played cards and just had a random fun time.

Saturday night I put my Christmas tree up. It’s so cute. It’s 4 and ½ feet tall and has about 5 ornaments on it! (Yeah…I like mine sentimental—hence a shortage of tree trimmings). I made it look better by adding ribbon and candy canes.

I did all my Christmas shopping for my family in just one hour yesterday! (Beat that!)

I am now fighting a major sore throat, headache and earache. Ironically, Sarah decided to give me a Christmas present early-I found a bag of really good tea on my coffee table this morning. What a practical and timely gift!

2 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

Hey Chica! I am so glad that you were able to spend Thanksgiving with your Grandparents. I bet you had a ton of fun. I am so sorry though that you couldn't go spend the time with your parents. I miss you and hope that you are doing well.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes this sounds quite happy to me

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home