Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just for Fun!

Things I want to do:

Write and illustrate a children’s book
Hike in the hills of Scotland
Work at an archaeological dig
See flamenco dancing in Spain
Paint beautiful pictures
Run a small book shop/coffee/tea room
Pay off all my college debt
Buy and decorate a very old house and yard
Live in a cabin in the woods
Raise chickens, corgis, goats, and sheep like Tasha Tudor
Go horse-back riding out west
Wear cowboy boots and a hat (“country girl”)
Be 8 so I can play with my dollhouses again
Live in the English countryside
Be an aunt
Act in a musical
Marry Mr. Knightly
Eat authentic Spanish food
Show people God’s love
See British musical: The Secret Garden
Offer a home to orphans (like Patricia St. Johns)
Learn to sow, knit, weave baskets, etc (yeah right, as if I have the patience!)
Find more dishes to match my Christmas tea cup (or ask Vanessa to)
Learn to play tennis

Work for the CIA (espionage)
Go on a safari
Ride a camel and an elephant
blah blah blah

Ok, well, maybe I am silly. But isn't it amazing how all the things we do, read, play as children cultivate desires in us? I think I finally just realized that having to work all the time will enable me to do these things! (You all might have to make me eat my words later). Anyway, this is for you silly friends of mine who are thinking right now that you might never....(be an astronaught, go to Scotland, get married, live in your own place, etc etc etc).

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

yeah...i'm so weird. but, hey, at least i have an imagination!

11:17 AM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

Well I never can be an astronaut but I will continue to love space and study it, as for getting to Scotland, next year baby, me and you and the hills of old Alba. As for love and marriage, I give up. :-) I love you chica and miss you very much.

9:07 PM  
Blogger klasieprof said...

I made a "list" of things I wanted to do Years ago when I got divorced. I have done MANY of them. One was take piano lessons..I did it for a while, would like to return to it again. One other one was to live "as myself". I was stuck into a mold as far as behavior, and Christianity going to bible college etc, and when I Lost it all and got divorced, I decided that I was going to speak (lovingly) what I felt had to be said, to try NOT and ever miss an opportunity to tell someone I genuinly love them, to eat food and experiment with it, and to Really LIVE as I could. I think I've done pretty well.
So with all that said,
I love you Elizabeth. I am enjoying the process of watching you "grow up" more, and I am very proud of you. I wish you had a LITTLE more faith in yourself, but that will come dear. (one GOOD thing about getting older is you either GET more faith in yourself or you simply DONT CARE anymore...LOL). Keep doing what is RIGHT for you, and get your ass to the doctor, find a counselor if you need too, and know that you are Very Much loved and Missed here.

((HUGSS))
d.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yeah, i'm having a crappy day. just added another dating failure to my list and am sick of it. i just don't really know what i want to do with my life. hmmm. any ideas?

by the way, i am doing what i can to be heathier: got a pass at a gym, take showers when i get upset (instead of other ways of venting), go tanning, memorizing scripture again, etc. i know God loves me--that's what is most important.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home