Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Update on My Life

On friday I wrote a check for rent and was told that I didn't have the money in my checking account. That meant I was missing, like, hundreds of dollars! Today I went to the bank...and it's all there. In fact, the only mistake was that the teller read the numbers wrong. I worried all weekend for nothing!

I went to Omaha this weekend with Shawn and met his family. I asked him if we could go to an antique shop...and he took me to three. 100 points for Shawn! Okay, I admit, by the end, he was getting a little impatient--but at least he took me. I still have to call mom before I make any decision about buying junk. Does anyone else think that's funny?

My cousin shot himself in the foot last night. They did surgery on it for 2 1/2 hours, and will have to do several more surgeries. His 16th birthday is in 2 weeks...and he asked his family, "Can I still drive on my birthday?" Yeah, I'm thinking no.

Maybe no one else will think this funny, but I have an AMAZING knack for spoiling romantic moments...(or plans for romantic moments). I am like the Amelia Badelia of romance--Just can't get it right.

Last night I went to see Zoro with Shawn and Meany. Halfway through the movie, I heard LOUD snoring. It was Shawn. Needless to say, I may think twice before taking him to any more movies with me.

And, yeah, like Sara said...how about leaving me some fun memories in the "post a comment" section?

5 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm so glad you finally posted. I've been dying for an update on your weekend (talked to your mom). Cheers to Shawn for the antique stores, jeers for falling asleep on a date!

A fun memory...When you actually had me going with your dumb Toe Truck story.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

yeah, i've gotten EVERYONE with that story!!! I need some new victims...

hxfuzyqf-the noise Shawn makes when he snores!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I've never heard the story...hmmm...

anyways...fun memory...coming over to your house and going out to big boy's for a break-feast...that was pretty cool

9:05 PM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

Good job Shawn. Hey chica! Is this the cousin that I met when I was out there? Tell him I hope he heals quickly. I love you and miss you. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, work and life have been driving me absolutely crazy!!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, give a guy a break who gets on average 4-5 1/2 hours of sleep a night and spends almost no time on fun things for himself

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home