Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Separation

I have always had a hard time dealing with separation from people that I love. As my mom would say, it’s like having a hole in my heart. But there is a connection that I never realized until recently. I dropped my friend off at the airport early this morning, and cried as I drove back to my apartment. The strange thing was, at first I was crying for JoyAnna, but then I knew that even more than wanting to be near her, I wanted to be near Jesus. It wasn’t just for JoyAnna that I cried. It was for my Lord and Savior. Every longing I have to be near someone…my friends and family…that longing is intensified with the desire to be near my God. I wonder if the separation we experience over and over again in life from those whose presence we want to feel—is just a small glimpse of our souls longing for the presence of God.


And it hit me…life is so short—I just take a deep breath, and the next thing I know, I’ll be with Him!



7 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

okay, i can't stand having 0 comments...so i guess i'll comment on my own post :) comment comment comment.

3:15 PM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

I love you my dearest Beth!!! Keep your chin up, I will be back.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm back, I'm back! I am commenting!

You are doing a great job on this blog...the pics and everything....wow!

If I was going to write a novel, Beth, you would be my heroine.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

is that really jenny's cat?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes...that's really jenny's cat! whenever jenny does a still life, Chloe wants to sit in the middle of it for attention! And whenever jenny has a paper to type, Sophia wants to lie on the computer to get attention. It is so funny!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I always wanted to be a heroine!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Amazing, i think you've put into words what we all feel and don't know how to say when it hurts.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home