Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Someone Should Write a Story About Color






Here are some random, fun pics I took of my apartment last night (for you, Josh). Um...notice I don't actually show much of the apartment! That is because it isn't especially clean : ( But I've been having fun lately...just decorating and painting and stuff. I'm really thanking God for how He has blessed me: from my old, sometimes black & white Tv, to my auction-bought kitchen-aide, to the milk in my fridge! (Actually, I had to say milk, because I'm out of everything else. Time to go to the store!) Anyway...

Everything has a story! That is what I love about life. I love stories. Whether it is the story of my relationship with Christ or the story of my 10 cent hammer that turns into a screw-driver, or the story of the little orphan boy and his flying tree. Just as I look everywhere and see "paintings," I also see stories. I think it is so awesome that God loves stories, too (at least I make that assumption based on His large collection of narratives in the Bible). This is the reason why I like old things. Each jar, tool, book, and chair has a story...whether it is the story of its history, or just the story of how I found it! This is also why I love childrens' books. I love letting my imagination go wild and...maybe be a little bit silly to make a story that nobody else can make. I love that history is one long story full of a million little stories. I love that I was saved by Jesus in order to be part of His great "love story" and that I now have my own love story to be a miniature reflection of Christ's. I guess I am just mulling over these thoughts because I've been sharing lots of my little stories with Luke; each one makes me a more complete person (or in literary terminology: a more "developed character").

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I have nothing to say but the greek words..."Amen! Amen!"

When translated means..."Truly! Truly!"

5:36 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Hey! My lamp looks cute in your apartment! I feel the same way about stuff and stories.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Thanks for the photos. Next you need to draw a blueprint for me so I can see the layout. Then put little x's where you keep your treasure stash so I can steal it. I mean, so that I can pretend you're a pirate. Anyway...

About stories: I think they're all the same don't you? I think there are only one or two stories in the world and they keep being repeated with different people over and over.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home