Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, May 22, 2006

I Feel 40

It's been strange and unexpected the way God has blessed me with things (little and big) that I just never hoped for...never even asked for or wanted that bad. My future in-laws gave me and Luke some expensive furniture for the apartment. It's good furniture--the kind that I couldn't afford until I'm 40. That's why I feel 40. I'm soon to be newly wed, and have an apartment with beautiful leather couches, entertainment center, coffee table, side tables....and then a queen-size bed with matching night stand, dresser, mirror, entertainment center. I'm not exaggerating. I feel 40 when I walk into the apartment and see expensive furniture that actually matches (and is comfortable!...I had quite a few complaints about my old furniture). I can invite people over now and not feel like a poor college student with a rif-raf of garage-sale items (not that I don't like garage sale stuff...it's great and has character--people just don't like to sit on it).

Pictures to come!

4 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

That is so awesome chica! I can't wait to come and see! I love you!!!

9:21 PM  
Blogger klasieprof said...

ahhh..well Thank God..I must not be 40 yet. I still dont have matching furniture. every Piece I have has been given to me, or garage sale!!

Congrats on EVERYTHING!!!

You are loved here in Michigan.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I too still have the "Early American Marriage Collection of Furniture." I'm not sure what I would do in a regular furniture store...look around, become overwhelmed, I'm sure. We almost bought a new couch once...then we ended up with the worlds most comfy futon....

i digress....

12:19 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

This seems really exciting, I don't know why but I'm excited. Now all you need is a Nintendo Wii.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home