Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Savoring the Details

Only 36 more days! I can hardly believe it. And, yes, I'm very excited. I never was much of a wedding dreamer or planner before...so it really is surprising how much I love planning this wedding. I guess I just needed the right man to inspire me.

I love my wedding dress...can't wait to wear it! The bridesmaid dresses are sweet, and the flower girl dresses are darling. I wanted to go with a somewhat old-fashioned feel to this wedding, sortof shabby chic and shortof country garden. I am wearing an antique necklace that was my great-grandma's and my favorite wedding present will be a handmade quilt from my mom. I would love to use old-English roses and freshly scented lavender (I don't actually know if I can). My dream is that this wedding will represent something wholesome, pure, and lasting. I want everyone to feel God's presence there.

I've always loved old-fashioned things (as you would know if you saw the old hat boxes, books, lamps, jars, dishes, and pictures that adorn my apartment), and I just feel that to continue that on into my wedding is such a perfect way to express my taste. Don't get any ideas, though. If you know me well, you know that I am simple...and believe in applying simplicity to all parts of life. This may, perhaps, be one of the most simple weddings and receptions you have ever attended.

1 Comments:

Blogger klasieprof said...

I think 'simple' is a great way to go. Too many weddings (and then the marriages) are spoiled by raucaus loud obnoxious drunks, kidnapping the bride or groom and generally making the rest of the guests feel like bystanders.

We got married, at a converted mansion in Saginaw..very simple, yet classy. it was fabulous.

((hugs))
D.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home