Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Transitions

I've now experienced another phase of the whole career world. Over the last couple weeks I've been considering another job possibility which I have now accepted. It's been somewhat encouraging to see (since I graduated from college) the impression I have made as an employee. My boss in Grand Rapids did not want to see me go...actually offered me a great package to stay. My current employer is very upset that I am leaving. And, my near-future employer pulled a lot of strings to get me. The longer I'm in this business world...the more I'm finding that people do want what I have to offer.

So...now for the transition. I will be working for a competing realty agency in the same town beginning in two weeks. It is upscale and has different procedures which I will have to learn. The greatest benefits: I have friends there, and the company has offered to give me two weeks paid vacation for my wedding.

This summer is so full of change for me. I will be newly married with a new job. I'm very excited and a little scared. I'm seeing how many ways I have developed the habits of an independent career woman...and now I must put those habits aside for the sake of being one with my future husband. In some small ways it has been harder than I thought it would be-but still totally worth it.

The wedding planning itself has been a stretching experience for me. Several times now I've had to stop and reevaluate what is truly important-what I truly want to experience. Things are coming together so quickly and smoothly, that I wonder if I'll have anything left to do when July hits. I'm engaged to a man who understands my need for simplicity, and it's very freeing!

I have a feeling I will be spending my entire day before the wedding at the airport! I already have at least 4 people flying in from 4 different states!

Only 49 Days!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

I am going to rent a car for the week that I am there so I can run to the airport and pick people up for you. Don't stress I am yours to yell and and send out on all the nasty errands so that you can get to the wedding day in one piece and hopefully as little stressed as possible. I LOVE YOU AND AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

I ain't rentin' no car :P. That's cuz I can't afford to right now though heh. I like flying.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I'm SO EXCITED that we'll be working together again!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home