Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Friday, June 16, 2006

What I think You would say:

Valarie: Choose to be happy
JoyAnna: Don't be afraid to wear bright colors
Vanessa: Make that piece of junk beautiful
Angie: Never say a mean word
Katie: Be tough...work those muscles
Jessie: Think random thoughts
Dani: Be a kid sometimes
Sara: Take a twenty minute adventure
Donna: Just say it
Josh: If you can't punch like Bruce Lee...you're a wimp
Mom: I get to sit on the pretty porch swing and drink coffee and you don't!!!
Luke: Elope

If I'm wrong, you can leave a frown in the comments box.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you think I'm capable of is RANDOM ThoughtS?!! So... tonight I was babysitting and I Thought to myself... "what happens if I fall and crack my head open on the concrete-- will these poor kids know what to do?" Between you and me, I think 8 kids should be able to come up with SOMETHING. Yeah. The family I babysit regularly these days has eight children... most of them are adopted. It's awesome. I don't believe in birth control. And I believe in marriage. And adoption. We'll see. I met a boy at church. I think I might be in serious trouble. I keep on hoping he has a girlfriend. No, that's a lie. I hope he doesn't, but I"m telling myself he does so I don't fall in love and get hurt or soemthing. He's awesome. I want to be firends with him. We sit together in church now. I hope he knows other cool guys like himself... I'm going to move into the city and buy a house so I can hang out with the kids on the street and draw with sidewalk chalk and talk to Charlie in teh park who feeds the squirrels... Oh beth, so much is happening! God rocks. And I'm back home. Finally. I cannot believe it. 5 years. It's taken me 5 years... to end up right where i started. Ministry. This city. These kids. These crazy people. This church. THis Community. Agggh!! Random? I think not.

9:00 PM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

DON'T BE AFRAID TO WEAR COLOR!!!! You look gorgeous in colors!!! I love you in reds and greens and pinks and color!!!!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elope? What, do you think I can't stand to wait another day to marry you. Well I can't. But it looks like I'll have to wait another 40 days regardless. As far as what you think I would say, I think, "You're beautiful," or "I really really love you," or "You rock my socks off," would have been better selections. But, I will admit that the thought of eloping has crossed my mind a few times

9:57 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Heyy whoa NOBODY can punch like Bruce Lee. Or roundhouse-kick like Chuck Norris. Or rope-a-dope like Cassius Clay. Or solo like Hendrix or compose like Bach or sculpt like Michelangelo. I mean maybe you're like me and suck at all those things, that's okay because the hero in my book was a man of no reputation.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know... Just because I'm in the Air Force doesn't mean I can't have a soft side:) but that does sound like me, even though I can't figure out what made you think I'd say that... I think I'd actually probably say something like "call me" b/c we haven't talked in forever!!! Hopefully we can catch up on that at the wedding:)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Right on Elizabeth...!! Right On!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home