Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I've Digressed...

...to cream and sugar in my coffee. I'm no longer a hard-core coffee drinker. In fact, I haven't had plain coffee since last year! (A nasty migraine is to blame for that). I have actually become a rather fanatical tea drinker. But last night I cleaned my apartment until 2 a.m. because my sister is driving out from Michigan today. So coffee is on the menu. And I have a feeling I'm going to need more caffeine than my wimpy little cup with cream and sugar has to offer. Hmmm. Drinking coffee makes me want to blog. They seem to go hand in hand. Some day when I don't have to work and I have internet at home, I'm going to make coffee and do this over again with something productive to say.

Things I've digressed in:
Drinking coffee
Reading
Washing dishes
Excercise
Living independently
Garage Saling

P.S. I'm not actually sure I know what "digress" means????

4 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

Digress-1. to turn aside, especially from the main subject in writing or speaking; stray. 2. lose clarity or turn aside especially from the main subject of attention or course of argument in writing, thinking, or speaking; wander from a direct or straight course. :-)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

oops...i totally used that word wrong. i was trying to think of the opposite of progress. ????

let's see...nope...don't have a clue.

9:02 AM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

I think this might be the word your looking for :-). Did you sis make it safely?
reĀ·gress-
To go back; move backward.
To return to a previous, usually worse or less developed state.
To have a tendency to approach or go back to a statistical mean.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's it!!!

Yes, sis is here safe and sound and having more fun than i am right now :(

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home