Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

I admit it...


I'm a little forlorn today. I have had such a wonderful time with family, I am finding myself a bit lonely and unmotivated. I prayed and read some, took a nap, practiced calligraphy, had tea and cookies, watched Miss Potter...and am feeling envious of my mom and sister who are at home together knitting and watching movies!


Well, I am sure I can't complain...it is pretty wonderful to be able to sit at home and be as artsy and creative as I feel like...with all the time in the world. I think I'd better put on some bubbly music and reorganize my closets!


What I really start thinking about after Christmas is flowers! Pink and yellow roses, Lilly of the Valley, Lilacs, Peonies, Hollyhocks, Daisies, Apple Blossoms.... I just love them all. I always imagine myself in a sweet little home just showered with sweet flowers and trees and trickling fountains. I think I'll plan on covering my arm chair with a springy slip cover, make some pillows for the couches, and maybe even a quilt if I am brave enough! Perhaps I'll talk Jenny into doing a still life painting of some flowers for me, too!


Well, this fills another slow hour for me...I guess I'll go work on those closets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home