Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Things I wish would come back in style:

Hats, Cameos, Tea in china teacups, “Grunge” era baggy pants and sweatshirts, Overalls, Curly hair, Wood-burning stoves and fireplaces, Apple-dunking, Pearls, Happy movies, Makeup that sparkles, Eating at home, Scarves, Singing around the piano for entertainment, Arranged marriages (ok…maybe not), chivalry, Priscilla curtains, 40's hair, cabbage patch kids…

T-shirts without Hawaiian flowers and glitter all over them, Sunday night movies, Long jeans with the legs rolled up, “Old-school” charm bracelets, Roller skating, Ankle-length wool coats, Bay windows, Double French braids, Street hockey, Hair ribbons, Basket weaving, Reversible rubber raincoats, 50’s swimsuits, Hope chests, Barn raisings, LEGOS (the cool kind...not just the movie stuff), Flannel shirts and pants…

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I own a hat. And Eric Pareis is installing a wood-burning stove in a week or so. (You'd like Eric's house.)

Isn't a pearl an odd thing? A clam gets an intruder, a piece of dirt, and so this pearl forms around it to protect the clam. Kind of like a scab. "Check out my clam-scab necklace." Puts a new perspective on things doesn't it?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You crack me up

3:49 PM  
Blogger klasieprof said...

OK..i vote for drive in movies with DECENT sound systems
REAL popcorn in a pan not the microwave
Cinnamon toast BLACK with cinnamon,
bikes with playing cards stuck on them to make NOISE,

7:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i always wanted to go to a drive in movie!

all growing up, on sunday nights, dad would make REAL popcorn, melt butter to pour on it, and the family would watch Star Treck or the Sunday Night Disney movie--i miss that :)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh, the Sunday night movie....Yeah! Mom had the biggest bowl for popcorn...you could sit it if you wanted to.

Josh, say Hi to Eric P for us. (or as we called him, Melchizadek) Where did he come from? Where is he going? Wish I could have a chat in the good Dr.'s office with him again.

I saw the sun falling in long beams through a blanket of clouds this morning while listening to Chris Rice's new CD....this nostalgia is longing for heaven in a dea ja vu form.

Pearls are the gem for tears, probably because of the whole intruder thing.

What I wish was back in style....kids just being kids.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home