Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Bring on the Paint!



I painted this last night for someone special (can you guess who you are?).

It's amazing, when I sit and really paint a picture...I feel close to God. I feel like--finally--this is who I'm supposed to be! It's such a spiritual thing in my life...a way to worship that expresses God's beauty, the beauty of His creation, and the beauty of His purpose in me to reflect that. So bring on the paint!

The picture is a little fuzzy...but you get the idea : )

4 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

I LOVE IT!!! It is so well painted that at first I thought it was a photo. You are the best girl. I can't wait until someday when you can spend your time glorifying God through just painting. I love you and miss you!!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

i agree with Donna, i totaly thought it was a photo..It is amazing..I still have the painting that you made with the church and the sunset..someday i will get that thing framed...and when people veiw my house they will say.."OH MY WORD!! YOU have a painting by Elizabeth Powers..." and then i'll get to brag about how i get free tickets to all your art shows...lol

I really do hope that you will get to get paid for doing something you love so much.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

actually, that isn't donna. that is one of my friends from bbc :) she loves scotland.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! I managed to draw a picture for Art Communicates (gotta make a frame real quick) but I can't do anything like that. That's interesting that it's a spiritual act for you. I'm not sure I have anything like that in the same way.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home