Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Christmas

The entire family was together for a few hours on Christmas Eve. It was nice. David wrote some cool piano music for Mom. Mom and Dad gave me a new book for Christmas which I love! There was the typical debating between the Christians and Atheists and philosophers about Creation, Intelligent Design, and everything else that could possibly come up to disagree with. I hung some old plates in my bedroom above my beautiful bed (I basked in that room with its spring-green walls!). Mom and I spent a whole morning together in Lansing: we browsed shops that were WAY above anything normal people can afford and ate at a fantastic Italian restaurant (I felt like a queen: I never go pleasure shopping in Iowa, because it just isn’t fun without Mom). The flight back was a nightmare! I missed my Chicago flight because of delays, finally got switched to another flight, and didn’t make it to my apartment until around 2:00 a.m. Iowa time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Wow! Sounds like you had an insane yet good Christmas...have any of the atheists read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis?

3:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

oh yeah, we always assume that if those smart people would just read that book, it would make a big difference. sorry, but it doesn't. they can still argue around it. it takes more than a logical argument (such as mere christianity)--it takes the holy spirit.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

wasn't assuming anything actually. Obviously the holy spirit plays a big part in salvation.

I just think the book is intriguing for me as a Christian, thought it might be for a non-christian as well. Especially for intellectual people. Mere Christianity is a book none of my relatives would ever read. Not that there stupid..there not, they just aren't good at following arguments that is why we have so much trouble.

I'm glad you got to go home for a short time

7:05 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

All of my family has actually read Mere Christianity (just in case I didn't make that clear)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home