Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My Temporary Luxury

5 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! It was good talking to you last night. It has been too long. I love you and miss you!

10:39 AM  
Blogger klasieprof said...

lux·u·ry

(lŭg'zhə-rē, lŭk'shə-)
n., pl. -ries.
Something inessential but conducive to pleasure and comfort.
Something expensive or hard to obtain.
Sumptuous living or surroundings: lives in luxury.

10:42 PM  
Blogger klasieprof said...

have been thinking about your post. My life I guess has been about seeking the little Luxuries. taking a moment to reflect, when Choas is enveloping me.
LIghting insense to burn while praying, thinking about the thousands that have done the same before me.
Drinking wine, while in a tub like your picture.

(I wasn't saying with the definition about your speeling!!..I just LOVE that particular definition...inessential but conducive to pleasure).

11:22 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Elizabeth, is that your appartment? It is really beautiful

11:52 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

actually, sara, if you saw the apartment, you wouldn't think it was very beautiful at all (it's not any prettier than a dorm room). it's amazing what a little candle and plant here and there can do :)

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home