Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year

I had a terrible migraine that persisted for three days (and is still lingering a tad). I didn’t do anything that I didn’t have to. In other words: I washed dishes, bought groceries, and then staid in bed with a book. Period. I didn’t even return text messages. Talk about a way to bring in the new year.

Funny thing is, I was planning to go through the Bible in a year with one of those little brochures. Well, due to my migraine, I already missed the first day!!! Luckily I caught up yesterday. But seriously, talk about a bad sign. I think I’m a little superstitious!

Oh yeah, and now that Christmas is over, I am totally ready for spring! (It’s been so warm the last few weeks that it actually smells like spring in the wet, muddy early stages).

3 Comments:

Blogger klasieprof said...

how often do you get migraines? I have some WOnderful stuff (maxalt) taht I take 1/2 a pill, and 20 min later I can think again. The LIGHT..no matter how Dim is excrutiating.
let me know..maybe someone can anonymously send some to you.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Actually, I only get one every couple months, so not nearly as bad as some people. I am afraid to take migraine medicine, because I took some at BBC once and it made me pass out then made my heart race like crazy and gave me weird symptoms. I'm pretty much better now : )

1:47 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm sorry about the migraine...those can't be much fun. I had one once and wasn't very happy for a while.

I spent New Year's Eve working and then i went to Louise's house and stayed the night..she went to bed around 10:30 but i snuck a flashlight in so i stayed up writing a letter to a friend..until about 12 midnight.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home