Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Dancing

Okay, I had my first dance lesson....I was terrible! My friend began to teach me steps for swing dancing and for the fox trot, and honestly, it was so fun...but I was totally clueless. I just hope he doesn't give up on me! (I have a feeling my neighbors who live below me are probably pretty annoyed...my apartment was not intended for dancing : )

The best things, happen when you're dancing
Things that you would not do at home, come naturally on the floor
While dancing, soon becomes romancing
When you hold a girl in your arms that you've never held before
Even guys with two left feet
Come out alright if the girl is sweet
If by chance their cheeks should meet, while dancing
Proving that the best things happen when you dance!

(So, I just decided to put this song on here for fun...who knows what it's from?)

5 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

Danny Kaye sings it in Dancing in the Rain!!! I love you chica. I am so jealous you are learning to dance.

9:36 AM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

oops that Singing in the Rain

9:36 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nope, you've got the actor right but the movie wrong. It's from White Christmas : )

10:30 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yeah,,that is what i was thinking...WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Beth,

I'm so annoyed you gave it away! I was just going to write White Christmas... Natalie and I watched it this year... awe shucks!

_Jessie_

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home