Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

One of my seldom updates on life...

I am just rejoicing in the Lord right now. He's been so good to me and I am excited to be right where I am! Yesterday was rough, I had to go after work to the hospital in Des Moines (my grandpa is in the hospital now)...and it was such a battle for me to leave all my "burdens" in God's hands. This will sound crazy, but I feel like my car is so filled with the Holy Spirit (don't worry, I'm not going looney)...every time I get in the car and drive, all I can think about is how good God is, and how He is taking care of me and then I have to just thank Him. I wish you all could be around me now...you'd think I was a different person. God has changed my heart so much, I even smile all the time (which I didn't do too much in the past). Anyway, I spent the night with Grandma, and was again thankful that I could be near to encourage her. We spent time praying and crying together-it was good, I think.

Here's a bit of fun news: one of my new friends from church is going to teach me to dance!!! (swing and ballroom). I am so excited, because I have always wanted to dance. He's going to take me to this real ballroom that was built in the 1930s in the middle of some cornfield. I am hoping that I don't end up having "two left feet"--that would be so embarrassing!

For all of you who freak out every time I go running alone at night: I got somebody to help me put this big old excercise bike (that was in my grandparent's barn) in my car (thank the Lord for a hatch-back!), got somebody else to help me carry it into my apartment, and am now determined to clean off all the barn-swallow refuse and cobwebs and get in shape (for dancing!). Yeah, my new roommate must've thought I was crazy when she walked into the apartment and saw this big excercise bike sitting in the middle of the kitchen! (I don't want to put it on the carpet till it's clean).

Oh yeah, and that reminds me to tell you all that I got a new roommate. It's working fine. We actually rarely cross paths so it works out well. I am busy with two excercise classes per week, a weekly Bible study, and spending time with Grandparents friday and saturday and friends on sunday (where do I find time to keep my room clean? I don't! Ahhh!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Elizabeth,

I am so proud of you...YOu need and deserve a Big "YOU GO GIRL!!"

It is amazing how God changes us...

I am so glad you get to learn swing and ballroom...that is soooo awesome...!!!

I plan on taking ballroom dancing lessons after i graduate...

You'll have to tell me how it goes.. YEah!!!

I think God needs and big

"YOU GO GOD!!!"

10:57 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

: ) How times have changed for the better! They say that Robb's grandmother was a championship-winning ballroom dancer and she had to give it up to marry a pastor in the 40's. Their pictures are so comical...she tall and birdlike and him, only 5'4" and round. They died long before we were born. I can't wait to meet them...

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home