Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

News is Good News

Well, I'm on my second day at my new job. It feels sortof like the first week of classes, when one always gets overwhelmed because they've just been told that they will do the impossible by the end of the semester. But every student survives the semester...and I will survive the new job. Actually, it feels much more secure knowing that they recruited me (I didn't pursue this job at all)...and they wanted me bad enough to offer me great pay and immediate paid time off. And, of course, I am again working with Linda...who has been a kind Christian friend since I moved to Iowa.

The office is in many ways superior to my previous one...windows all across the front where my desks sit, nice decorating, nice background music, comfortable temperature, etc. My new boss brought me a gorgeous bouquet on my first day to welcome me. (Instant way to build morale in new employees!)

On another note: 32 more days until my wedding (including today). I am not nervous. I am excited and very at peace. I've never been so sure of anything in my whole life as I am that God made Luke for me and that we will honor God greatly by marrying each other. Bring it on!

I will admit, though, I am feeling the pressure of only a month left to have everything ready-and a new job to learn at the same time. I've been somewhat exhausted, emotionally and physically, from the ordeal. A relaxing honeymoon never looked better! Luke is wonderful, though. He stands by me through it all, and I know that isn't always easy.

My friends: I apoligize that you haven't recieved wedding invitations yet...I promise you will soon! (This working with Mom long-distance has been a little tricky).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too!
-Brother Josh

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home