Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Crazy Day

I left the apartment today to discover that my car was gone!!! In its place was a large hill of snow. I think maybe I need to go buy that scraper that I keep forgetting about.

I spun on ice on the way to work and barely missed hitting another car. Yeah, I’m not a pro at winter driving (am very glad, now, that mom and dad made me buy those expensive new tires for my car).

I was told today by our HR personnel that I can no longer get paid Salary because I don’t make enough money! (So give me a raise—duh!)

I’ve been sick for about a week. Lots of gunk came out of my head today (sinus infection?)…I’m happy, because that means it is no longer in my head!!! (yeah, you're all wishing I had kept this bit to myself)

Sara Williams wrote the sweetest post to me in her blog. I’m flying high now!


Mom and Dad are coming to visit me tomorrow…hurray! (Um, Dad, my car's due for an oil change...hint hint)

3 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

That is so funny about the car! Glad you found it though :-). I am sorry that you haven't been feeling good, but am glad that it is finally out of your head. (better make sure there was no gray matter in that gunk)

So what does the taking you off salary mean. Are they paying you less, cause they can't really do that. This is really making me mad. You deserve a much better job. Gotta go, LUV U!!!!!!!!!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

no, it just means i will get paid by the hour instead.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

That's crazy??!!!!

Reminds me of the time my parent's house flooded (they were away) and the firemen told me that I didn't have enough water for them to help me. Apparently 6 inches was not enough.

ummm...we had a frost last night. It was 10 degrees. (WOW, I DON'T MISS SNOW!)

Hope you are feeling better!

Crazy must be something in the wind...we had the car in the shop for two days and it came back with a screw in the tire resulting in a flat!

Have a great time with your parents!

(Wait, they probably read this, right? Hi John & Mary!)

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home