Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Girl I Mean To Be



I need a place where I can go
Where I can whisper what I know
Where I can whisper who I like
And where I go to see them

I need a place where I can hide
Where no one sees my life inside
Where I can make my plans and write them down
So I can read them

A place where I can bid my heart be still
And it will mind me
A place where I can go when I am lost
And there I’ll find me

I need a place to spend the day
Where no one says to go or stay
Where I can take my pen and draw
The girl I mean to be.


From Broadway’s “The Secret Garden”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

You probably haven't found that place to be that girl you mean to be...but i kind of would like to know what is going on right where you are..it has been a while.

love ya

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home