Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Just a Quick Update

This week has been a continuation of craziness. Gramma went into ER Monday night and had surgery last night (those of you who know me well, know that this is very hard for me as there's nobody I love more, except maybe my parents). I spent the night with my 92 year old Grandpa, and barely slept a wink because I woke at every creek to see if he was okay. We played harmonicas, listened to cowboy music, and read stories out loud (anything I could think of that Gramma would normally do with him). Gramma will probably be in the hospital for a few more days. It's pretty tough on Grandpa because it's the first time that he can't be with her at the hospital--and he misses her terribly. I'm just SO grateful to God for allowing me to be near at a time when I can help.

I got my new car yesterday and already had to drive it through a snow storm. It's a '99 Honda Civic: bigger, heavier, prettier, and gets better gas than my old junker. With all the driving I will be doing this week to the hospital (40 minutes away) and to Grandpa's (25 minutes away) I am really excited for the car (even though it will take a while to pay for--the guy almost changed his mind about selling it to me!). I've decided that this will be my praying car (I plan to do a lot of praying in it).

I'd just like to say here, that over the last week and a half that I had no car, God took care of me through so many kind people. The agents at my office gave me rides to and from work (which really is out of their way because their schedules are different than mine). Shawn picked me up when my car broke down (took him almost 2 hours to find me) and has given me rides to church. People have picked up groceries for me when I needed them. My uncle got my car towed and helped me to find a new one. Wow, right?

I am now being trained as a Closing Coordinator (do closings on sold houses), and to do the advertising in all the papers (Marketing). I am very overwhelmed, and am also thinking I should get higher pay since I will be a combination of 3 important jobs! But, hey, at least I'll be more marketable when I want to look for a new job!

Well, that's about it. (All of you can thank Donna Kris for this long post!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Thank you DonnA!!!!!!!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Yes! I check a couple of times a day and was wondering what was happening.

I will be praying for your Grandma as I know she has prayed for us faithfully over the years.

Praise God for your new car! Sounds like it will be more reliable for you. Perfect timing, huh? And very Providential that you are there.

The job thing will really make you marketable anywhere. Kudos to you!

12:51 PM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

Babe I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers. I know how much your grandparents mean to you. Tell Grandma that I am praying for her swift recovery and return home to her family. I am so so so so so so glad about your car. You know D.F. had a car that he considered his God car because he felt that God gave it to him. He said that as long as he always remembered that God gave it to him and it wasn't his, God always took car of him. I am so glad that you have a Prayer/God car. Being a Honda it should last you a lifetime :-D. Luv you!!!!!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It better last me a lifetime...it's gonna take me at least a year to pay for it!

I'm sooo drowned in coffee right now...

1:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

ness: job is no longer cushy

3:22 PM  
Blogger klasieprof said...

OK ...what is going on NOW???? Did you get slammed with that storM?
how is Grandma doing?

I'm soo happy..the plow guy came about 8:30..(for those of you NOW living in the sOUTH>>) a plow guy Gets the snow out of your driveway~~ LOL..I got stuck this afternoon..was soo sick coulndn't stand it..Don had to get it out later.
UNDERRATED: snow plow guys...He worked about 45 min and charged..25 bucks. WHOO HOO...I was sad tho too..he's plowing 1/2 the front yard, like I had him do when we were having GROUP here...boo hoo...

10:26 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Beth, I will pray that you will be what Robb and I sometimes call "The Zone." It's a reference to Michael Jordan, I think, but it's when you can execute on what you know is true, and what you have to do, no matter how tired you get. I will also pray that you will be aware of the good you are accomplishing and not to be weary in that well-doing. I'm really blessed by how Providential the events of your life right now...you are in a position to be of real help and encouragement to your whole family.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home