Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Shower!



Well, I've had my first shower. The picture is one of my future niece-in-laws (and flower girl) helping me open the gifts. It was a wonderful time and I was thrilled to have my grandma, aunt, and cousin there along with many of the ladies from my church. I must admit, though...I don't really care for being the center of attention. I think a big part of me will be really glad when everything's over and it's not about me anymore. I have never had so much cooking stuff in my life (and it is inspiring me to actually cook). So now, I'm trying to organize my kitchen so it won't feel stuffed, and have half my thank you cards done.

19 days and I'm constantly trying to keep myself calm and rational. If I let myself...I could really panic. But the truth is, there isn't really anything worth panicking over.

Wednesday after work, I leave with Luke for Michigan for three days. All I want to do is sit on the porch swing with a cup of coffee, listening to the birds and crickets. I want to be in my green bedroom with Mom and brainstorm life. I want to watch a silly movie with Dad and decorate the kitchen and rearrange my lonely doll house. I want to show Luke all my favorite spots. I just want to soak in home. It's been almost eight months, and in my opinion, way too long.

1 Comments:

Blogger klasieprof said...

Honey.. I haven't been able to tell you how thrilled I am for you.
My marriage has been such a blessing, given me the "home Base" to reach out to others.
Don and I made a deal when we first started dating...we had various "pacts" that we revisited every 6 months/ year.
One that has stayed with us, has to have our home be an Oaisis--a peaceful place where people would be welcome, and be loved.
WE've had drunks, Christian Psychos, Missionaries in our home.
You know i"m a terrible house keeper, but I STILL try and not let that stop me, and that people are here for ME and my family.
I pray you peace, and Joy, and delight.
I love you.
Donna

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home