Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Tea: a drink with jam and bread....

Frozen in Time:
My cup of tea
A favorite decorating magazine
A sweetly sketched mouse

Tea is a big deal

I am a “tea extremist”. I’ve been thoroughly seduced by it’s subtle tastes and quaint ways. The truth is, tea is a really big deal to me. I drink it all day long at work. I drink it out of a tea cup…not a mug. The reason is because I do not want to be defined by my job…but I want to define my job—and my life. Tea represents something for me: a sense of the old fashioned, the refined, the feminine. It also represents something almost non-existent: time. I know that if I have time to make a pot of tea, and at least drink one cup of it…I have time. Maybe it is only fifteen minutes, or maybe it is while doing some other project, but nonetheless, it’s there…claimed by me for the sole purpose of savoring. And I flatter myself that it has the great health benefit of not being coffee. Tea gives me the excuse to pull out fine china and silver that is never normally used. Or how about those sugar cubes that you only see in movies? Tea Time is my time. It is a time to tell my body to relax. It is a choice I make to not be mediocre...to not let modern culture conquer my potently unique personality.

4 Comments:

Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE WHAT I GOT YOU THEN!!!!!!!!!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm DYING to see what you brought from Scotland. PLEASE hurry :P

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

potentially unique huh? you are definitely unique, no question about it! I love all your fun quirks:) Miss ya!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

What wisdom here! I love it and you remind me that I haven't filled a teapot with a favorite tea for awhile. Perhaps tonight, after church on this rainy day...=)

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home