Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Little Life Things...

I was thinking I would just list a few thoughts and going-ons this morning.

Last night I went to a meeting for the leaders of the church and their wives. I went with a stomach ache and a discouraged heart...as I got up to leave, one of the women pulled me aside to ask how things were going. In a few minutes, all the leaders of the church were in a circle around me praying for me, for my health, for my faith, etc. It was unexpected and so renewing. There's nothing like having people of faith pray for you for a long time when you're feeling like a weak Christian.

Luke made breakfast again this morning: fruit, eggs, bacon, and toasted bagels. What a sweetheart!

Tonight I get to have my nieces over for a couple hours! We are going to have a tea party with our dolls. We are going to make snickerdoodle cookies. And we might even try on some antique hats from my old collection. I'm soooo excited...they are just the most darling girls! (They are the two little girls in my post called "digital fun")

It's funny, but I've been thinking about Christmas a lot lately. I guess it's because I get to share it with Luke this year. Plus, I have lots more family, which means more celebrations. I'm going home for Christmas day. We also will get together with Luke's family and then with his grandparents. I'm excited because I like Christmas to last as long as possible!

My friend, JoyAnna has been in Scotland for a week now, and she sends me pictures each day! It's really nice because we had always planned to go together. I tell her that I couldn't have two great things happen in the same year :) But the pictures help me to feel a little bit like I'm there.

I wore brown corduroy pants and an orange knit top today (because it's freezing!) and my husband says I look like a pumpkin!

Random: the sun shines in the window just right so that it reflects off my contact in my right eye...and so this little circle of light glides across the desk, computer screen, phone, etc. (wherever I turn my eye).

I'm discovering that I do actually like to cook, I just need to feel like I have the time and energy. My favorite things to cook are things that fill the apartment with a homey aroma: bread, pot roast, cookies, etc).

I guess that I could go on...but you get the idea...this gives you a glimpse of my little thoughts and occurances. :) Life is simple and beautiful! (I know, it is also complicated and ugly...but my goal is to never dwell on that).

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I'm glad that you have such a wonderful support system.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home