Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

After a Couple Days to Take it in...

That was a shock, huh? I guess in Iowa, employers can legally fire someone with no notice, no severence, and no reason. Well, at least my employer felt bad enough about it to give me severence and a reason. So...how am I doing? Fairly well, actually. I certainly have had some moments of anger/bitterness. I mean, you've got to admit it is pretty humiliating to lose a job when you are really doing your best. And it's even harder when the woman taking my job was the same one that left it (in disarray I might add) before I was hired. But all the nasty business politics aside, I can honestly say that God did this for me. When my husband found out, he was all love and kindness. And I am making the most of my free time...in fact, I think I'm working harder than I was at work :) I have all kinds of project I want to do, and am so enjoying having time to make meals for Luke. I've had Grandma over for morning tea, done all the laundry, worked on some crafts, cooked, cleaned, etc. So...I choose to not worry over the finances but instead to live one wonderful day at a time.

1 Comments:

Blogger klasieprof said...

I"m happy for you ! I have always found (so far) that when I lose one job..I end up in a better place.
It's not JUSt Iowa about the firing thing..Its called an "at will employee". They don't have to give notice, pay or anything.
(can you get unemployment?)

I was glad to read you are doing ok. HEY its CHRISTMAS time. No better time to be off.

((Hugs)) and won't it be interesting to see what God has in store for you??

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home