Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Autumn Fest Dress Up



About an hour before the party began, Luke and I were clueless as to what we should wear. With no time to go shopping, we scavenged the apartment for what we could find, and came up with: a travelling salesman and his schoolteacher wife...travelling out west. I have a large collection of antique hats-this one was my great-grandma's, as well as the brooch and the gloves. I happen to be wearing a tablecloth for a shawl, and the suitcases are part of my apartment decor. I borrowed the old glasses from my mother-in-law (they were her great-grandma's). We were a hit, because Luke not only dressed like a salesman, he acted like one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

WOW! Luke is seriously a male version of you when it comes to dressing up:) I cant stop laughing!!! Your costumes were too cute!!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

How fun! You both look so authentic!!! Great job and coming up with this only an hour before the party...is just plain wonderful of you =)

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home