Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

New Hobby!


I figured out how to put cool pictures (or ads in this case) on wood and make them really shabby chic looking! These are my first two--and I'll definitely improve with practice--they are of soap ads from a 1905 Cosmopolitan Magazie.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

so cute!!!!

8:20 AM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

love them! how awesome is that! Beth you are so creative, you should open your own store with all the things you can do. Then you can sell some of my jewelry. In the new year I am planning to start a web page to sell my jewelry. I have actually been getting orders from people who have seen others wearing my stuff and wanting the same thing or a variation of the same thing. How exciting is that!?!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is great!!! Maybe eventually we should start an ebay store together :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

You are doing the same thing I am...they say great minds run in the same direction..smile. My husband cut down a fence recently and I laid claim to the wood and what fun I've had! Blessings to you!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Crazy, I had a vintage box with vintage pear soap recently. It had such cool old letters too.

Now I know about the wood thingies.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home