Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Love of God

There’s a wideness in God’s mercy
I cannot find in my own
And He keeps his fire burning
To melt this heart of stone

Keeps me aching with a yearning
Keeps me glad to have been caught
In the reckless raging fury
That they call the love of God

Joy and sorrow are His Ocean
And in their every ebb and flow
Now the Lord a door has opened
That all hell could never close

Here I'm tested and made worthy
Tossed about but lifted up
In the wreckless raging fury
That they call the love of God

This is part of a Rich Mullins song that I dearly love. I have been a stubborn and blind daughter of Christ at times, but God keeps on loving me, even when I refuse to acknowledge it. I’m so thankful He melts my heart when it’s hard, makes me yearn when I’ve lost hope, brings me back to Himself over and over again. Who could find a better love than this?

I was watching Les Miserables last night, and each time I watch it, it reminds me of the amazing mercy and grace of Jesus Christ. He heals us with His love, and then gives us the power to heal others with His love. I don't deserve that...and I'm so so so grateful!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Amen!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always so awed when I think about mercy -- Rich M's song points out one of the reasons, I think: there is such an immense gap between God's and my own. But as I understand more and more of His love, I can see evidence of Him working to widen my own mercy to others.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home