Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Heart is Sad

I feel so saddened lately. I seem to be getting news almost daily that makes me cry. A classmate of mine from BBC just lost her newly-married cousin in a car accident. Family stuff. People I've cared about are depressed. Grandparents are slipping away quickly. One of my roomie's from BBC is divorced with a little baby (they were one of the "cute bbc couples"...and were going to go to the mission field). Etc. Etc. Etc.

The world is sad. And yet, God has bestowed such wonderful grace on me. It tears at my heart...the weeping for those who hurt and the rejoicing for my new love.

Please don't look at me with cynicism because I put "happy" posts on my blog. I'm just trying to make up for so much of my life spent in pessimism and for so much sadness that I could easily focus on. I just want to make you smile.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is nothing stranger and more horrible than when people of your own generation start getting divorced. It will keep happening in spurts througout your life, but it will always bother me.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

You go Beth! Be that positive sunshine that our world is lacking! "smell" for Jesus, b/c too many people stink. Love ya!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

You need never make apology for being cheerful...God does not want us to stay in the shadows with oppression. When I'm there, I know I need his grace to get into the sunshine again.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home