Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Sister Show-and-Tell

I feel like blogging about my sis. She is the total opposite of me (we could have an AMAZING business...with her organization skills and my decorating skills!) She has just joined the world of blogs, hurray! This is a picture of a pencil drawing she did which is now on my kitchen wall. (Jenny, don't feel obligated to write a flattering post about your sissy who draws mice! Hee Hee Hee)

3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Wow! you and your sister are both very talented. Her pencil drawing is just wonderful. You must have a special bond through art alone. Your comment to me about always wanting violin lessons when you were young...so did I. Once in about 7th grade they made an announcement that anyone who wanted to play in the sch. orch. should stay after class. Silly goose that I was, I stayed...but didn't know you were supposed to already have the ability & the instrument to play! I got some free lessons and the loan of a violin for a while (thanks to a kindhearted music teacher), but my Mom & Dad made light of it and it came to nothing. But...God is so good. Two of our children played in the Youth Symphony..both played violin and I got to sit through about 7? years of lessons with them. As a result I was able to play in lst position untill I began to take cello lessons 3 years ago and don't touch the violin now. I've come a long way from the young girl years ago who had a desire and a dream. God has given me a wonderful instrument and teacher and my desire and dream have been fulfilled. How can I ever thank and praise him enough? Off to bed for me now...hope you have a great week.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Elizabeth,

I saw that you visited my blog so I thought I would pop over and say "hello!" I agree with Maggie Ann, both you and your sister are very talented! Drawing is so much fun! I am not that good at it but I do enjoy sitting with a "how to" art book and giving it a whirl with my kids.

I love your little mouse and the poem. You could make a wonderful children's book with her!! :)

When I was reading your entry concerning the sadness of the world I thought of Jesus saying, "In this world you will have much trouble. But behold, I have overcome the world!" This is not for forever. One day we will be with Him...no more sadness or death or hurting!!

Have a wonderful day! :)
Karen
www.t2chk.org/karensblog

6:28 AM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

Yay Jenny's joined the blogging world!! Now I can keep up with her as well. I just absolutely love the picture she drew for you and Luke. Is it in your kitchen or where did you end up deciding to hang it?

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home