Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Time

I'm realizing that I like to have a schedule...like to have certain things that I do at certain times. So, to begin with, I'm going to Grandma's three days a week to help clean the house and just be an encouragement. When I wrote the last post, I was struggling to see a purpose in not working, but now, I see that God may have done that so that I could take care of Grandma and Grandpa. I also see how much of a relief it will be for Luke to not come home and have to help me with laundry and dishes and cleaning (we had to pitch in equally when we were both working full-time). I will be joining a ladie's Bible study starting next week, and Josh is moving out here, so I'm sure I'll spend some time getting him adjusted to Ankeny. Oh...and I went to the library and got a library card (I know...pitiful...I've been here for almost 15 months). I haven't started working out yet...but I just need a couple "ugly" days to motivate me :)

Most of all, I need to start believing in what God sees in me. I tend to be so concerned about what others think. I worry that my single friends will be tempted to feel jealous, and will avoid me. Some will look down on me for not bringing in a perfectly good income (I could-I've already had another job offer-but it seems like God took me out of work for a reason). I worry that Luke (and I want to make it very clear that this is in my mind...is not at all the reality) will not respect me the same as he did when I worked so hard to get dinner and keep the house clean while working full-time. But what I need to focus on, is that God loves me and loves the time that I can now spend with Him each day. He loves my little paintings and my blogging. He sees my worth. And that should be enough to keep me content with this great gift He's given me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrim said...

That's really cool that you help grandma. I guess I'll be there a lot. Guess what, I have discovered a cool musical thing... too bad it's a secret.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new life sounds wonderful and full of potential. Do you read the "Homeliving Helper" blog (address below)? It's for woman who want to be full-time homemakers and do it beautifully. You're truly blessed to have a husband who supports you in this. And your grandma must appreciate the help so much. I understand the guilt very well. My husband worked on mine to get me to keep working. Now I can't work due to chronic pain and he is very kind to me. Unfortunately I can't be much of a homemaker anymore in my condition.

http://homeliving.blogspot.com/

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home