Lavender and Laughter

Life is too short to drink tea out of a plastic cup....I created this blog to pour the lavender and laughter of my life into yours.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I am complicated and I am a Marshwiggle (like Puddleglum from Lewis' The Silver Chair). Personality tests don't work on me. I yearn to see Jesus face to face, and to see the love in His eyes. I am learning to walk on water and to be a new person in Christ. I am in love with my husband and baby, and I love the smell of coffee and lavender mixed together.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Home for the Holidays...




Yup, that's me...I'm home :) Every time I whine about having too much to do...Luke just says, "well, why don't you just take the day off work today..." That sure shuts me up!!! (If you don't get it...I am not working any more).

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the new Christmases I have to attend this year. Luke and I are celebrating together tomorrow night, then we have Christmas in Kansas City with his Grandma and the Strahan side of the family, then we have Christmas at my grandma's with the Powers family, then we have Christmas with Luke's other Grandparents and his mom's side of the family, then we have Christmas with Luke's immediate family (and their immediate families). Yikes! I just never had these kind of holidays because my relatives and grandparents and everybody were too far away. So...deep breath!

Here are some random pictures. Luke bought me the old window pane at an antique shop last weekend because I just fell in love with it. I helped Grandma put together jars of cookie mix to give all the relatives for Christmas...I think they look pretty. And the other picture is just me and Luke have fun watching a movie, eating yummy food, and working a puzzle.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

wow, I miss eating in front of the tv. We used to sit on the couch with a bowl of taco salad between us and two forks....

Have fun at all those parties! We've had a slew of them too. They are kind of fun, but I wish we could stretch them into the blahs of January.

Merry Christmas!

9:03 AM  
Blogger klasieprof said...

Oh Beth!! I got you a wedding present that I KNEW you would love and this just confirms it..but it broke!! It is an old window frame with the glass in it..and if I am remembering it said something like "I"m home now". I got one for your mom, not exactly like it, but similar. I think she put it on the back deck.

Think how cool it is that your family, those that Love and adore you has more than doubled !!!

1:45 PM  
Blogger kiltsandthistles said...

How were your holidays and all the traveling? Did you have a good time? Are you feeling better yet?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

where have you gone? i miss you.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home